Saturday, March 11, 2006

FREEDOM OF SPEECH KICKS OFF PRIMARY 2006

It's that time again! Every four years when the candidates ask us citizens for our votes, support, and of course, our donations.

Letters are mailed. Signs, t-shirts and bumper stickers are ordered. Speeches are already prepared. They are pulling their teams together. So they are off and running.......

Some candidates seem to be getting the jump on their opponents! They say they are just waiting for the weather to clear so they can put out their signs.

We here at Freedom of Speech are giving each candidate a forum to speak, regardless of party affiliation. Therefore we are reprinting several letters from candidates which have been made available to us. We are not endorsing any candidate at this time.



Dear Fellow Democrats,

Make no mistake about it; this will be a challenging year. I continue to be honored to serve both you and all of Floyd County. Our charge is to elect Democrats this year. I want to help you help me.

As you may know, I recently took office as President of the Indiana County Assessors Association. My duties there will allow me to remain on top of all the Assessor related business at the state level. I will keep you and all of Floyd County apprised of those activities.

My efforts in this office have always been centered on customer Service. That will never change. This office, however, will be shifting gears a bit to Legislature involvement as well. As county Assessor I plan to make sure and let the Legislature know what is best for the constituents back home. Decisions made in Indianapolis dramatically affect your pocketbook. We must be involved at that level.

I will keep you up to date on my campaign as it moves forward and I am asking for your continued support and suggestions.

Thanks so much,

Brenda Egge
Floyd County Assessor


Re-elect Brenda Egge
Floyd County Assessor