Saturday, March 18, 2006

LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT

Freedom Of Speech contacted Councilman Bill Schmidt and asked him to reply to the "Accusations" being made about the presentation of the 2004 New Albany City Audit. We appreciate his Response.

So let's set the record straight!


March 17, 2006

To: Freedom of Speech Newsletter
From: Councilman Bill Schmidt
Re: 2004 New Albany City Audit


There are all kinds of accusations being tossed out and I want to tell you that the announcement and presentation of the 2004 Audit Copy was a complete surprise to me at the Council meeting.

My wife and I were in Memphis, Tennessee, with our grandchildren from March 3 to March 15, 2006. I returned to New Albany on Wednesday night, the day before the City Council meeting.

I had asked the state for a copy of the 2004 Audit when it was completed.

I have not received a copy from the State at this time.

I do not know how or when the 2004 Audit was delivered to the citizen who passed out copies to the Council members at the meeting. I thanked the citizen because I appreciate finally getting a copy of the 2004 Audit.

I have just read the March 17 Tribune article and saw the accusation that I provided the copy of the audit that was passed out at the council meeting.

I am very disappointed in the public officials who are making these accusations.

I take my role in representing the citizens of New Albany very seriously.


Councilman Bill Schmidt