Tuesday, May 20, 2014

SHERRI KNIGHT RESIGNS....

May 20, 2014

Dear Mayor Gahan,

Please accept this letter as my formal request for reassignment to my former position within the Detective division of the New Albany Police Department.  After consideration, I have concluded that it is in the best interests of my family and myself, to transition out of my position as Chief and spend more time with my family. I will continue to focus on serving the citizens of my community as a member of the New Albany Police Department.

I want to emphasize my appreciation for the opportunity to serve as Chief pf Police. It has been an honor to be the first female appointed to that position. Thank you again for giving me the opportunity to serve as Chief.

Sherri Knight 

Freedom Of Speech would like to say:

Gahan would not say the Knights and Pennell requests  related to any corruption investigations, although he did say the grand jury would be considering indictments involving members of the New Albany Police Department.

Gahan also declined to say whether Knight and Pennell were forced to ask to be reassigned.

Freedom of Speech feels Mayor Gahan looked like a "deer in headlights" tonight when asked why Mrs. Knight had resigned. Hey Jeff, how about telling the citizens of New Albany the truth. If you won't we will....